Cracked feet are quite awkward and painful. One cannot be just comfortable with cracked feet. Using medications, plastic surgeries and steroids for getting rid of cracked feet can result in severe complications. Harsh weather, dry winters, hard foot sole or skin allergies are some causes of cracked feet but mainly it is caused due to carelessness and lack of foot care. The problem of cracked feet may aggravate with age especially if you are diabetic. There are various ways to heal cracked foot naturally but here’s one proven home remedy to get rid of skin cracks within no time.
- In a bucket of warm water, add 1 cup of honey and mix it downright.
- Soak your feet in the bucket for about 20-30 minutes ensuring that the water stays warm during this period.
- After 20-30 minutes, gently scrub off the dead skin and dry your feet with a clean dry towel.
- Apply Vaseline/Petroleum Jelly or any good quality moisturizer before going to bed.
- Repeat this process every three days.
Major causes of Cracked Feet:
- Dry Winter Weather
- Hard shoe sole
- Lack of Moisturizing
- Skin Infections/allergies
- Scrubbing dry feet
- Using harsh soaps for washing feet
- Deficiency of Vitamins and Zinc
Note: Before you get started with this home remedy, make sure you overcome the causes mentioned above in order to achieve best and long term results.